BEFORE THE OPERATION
If you have decided for a laser eye surgery after a quick checkup and a free consultation, we will conduct all the necessary examinations required for your treatment.
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING CONCERNING YOUR 2ND PRE-EXAMINATION:
The examination is rather comprehensive and can take up to 2 hours. We will also widen your pupils, so please make sure to be picked up by someone as you will not be able to drive yourself. Please do not wear contact lenses for two weeks before the examination.
We start all pre-examinations with the iDesign examination. We will compile your individual optic profile. We will also create a 3-dimensional map of your eye by means of wavefront measurements through the iDesign meter. Our iDesign wavefront meter belongs to the most modern meters worldwide. We are the first clinic in Eastern Germany that is able to perform the iDesign measurements. This technology substantially contributes to the excellent results for better and more brilliant eye sight.
IN ADDITION, THESE MEASUREMENTS AND EXAMINATIONS WILL BE CONDUCTED:
- Visual acuity and refraction: assessment of your eyes’ visual performance and measurement of the cornea’s refractive power.
- Topography: individual measurement of the cornea. This enables us to detect possible corneal diseases and cicatrisations. The measurements are conducted by means of Pentacam HR.
- Tonometry: intraocular pressure measurement
- Biometry: measurement of the axial length and position of the ocular length through laser measurement methods
- Pupillometry: measurement of the pupil diameter with day light and twilight
- Retina diagnostics: examinations of the cranial nerve and the ocular fundus with the slit lamp. You will be informed comprehensively about the surgery (procedure, risks etc.) and the day after.
THE DAY OF YOUR EYE SURGERY
Please do not wear contact lenses and make-up on the day of your eye surgery.
You will also need someone to accompany you.
- The eye surgery will be performed ambulatory.
- You should schedule about 2 hours for your stay at the laser centre. Our team will gladly assist you at any time during your stay at our clinic. During the surgery, we will inform you about every single step that is being performed so that you constantly know what is happening.
- Once we have answered all of your questions and you have agreed to the treatment in writing, we will prepare you for your eye surgery.
- As hygiene is the top priority in the surgery room, you will receive a surgical cap, gown and shoe cover from us before you enter the room.
- You will then be seated on a comfortable lounger in our preparation room. Your cornea will be sedated by special eyedrops in order to make the entire surgery completely painless.
- You can then enjoy a drink or snack and relax until the eyedrops have an effect.
DURING THE SURGERY
- First you will lie down on the femtolaser patient couch. Tiny gas bubbles will now be inserted behind your cornea by means of small energy pulses. An aseptical bandage will then be put on your right eye and a lid speculum will be utilised to hinder you from blinking.
- Once you are correctly positioned under the EXCIMER LASER, an automatic iris recognition scan is conducted by the laser. When Dr. Kiraly has folded back the flap, the laser treatment to eliminate your ametropia and cornea’s unevenness begins. This only takes a couple of seconds. You will focus on a red blinking light (eye tracker) during the laser treatment. Now the flap is folded back to its original position and the same procedure repeated on your left eye.
AFTER THE SURGERY
The registration trial proved that
- 100% of the short-sighted patients passed a driving test a year after the iLASIK treatment without glasses!
- 98% of the slightly to medium short-sighted patients had a visual acuity of 1.0 or better!
All of the human eye’s values are precisely determined by the aberrometer iDesign with a total of 1,250 morphometric measuring points. Your data ist then used to create a 3-dimensional map, which is as unique as a genetic fingerprint. This means that this measurement leads to a significant reduction of corneal unevenness, which creates higher-level imaging errors and which can only be compensated by iLASIK. The automatic iris recognition in iDesign guarantees absolute security and precision during the laser treatment under the excimer laser as the laser is only activated when your iris is successfully recognised and the data matched with the wavefront aberrometer reference. iDesign is the successor of the wavefront aberrometers (wavefront meter), which has been applied for a decade.
We are the only clinic in Saxony that has been used iDesign for iLASIK since 2012. The iDesign resolution is five times more excellent than the “old” wavefront aberrometer’s. But iLASIK does not equal iLASIK! Acquaint yourself thoroughly with the method!
COSTS AND FINANCING
The iLASIK® treatment costs from 1,875 € per eye.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THE TIME AFTER THE EYE SURGERY
- Dr. Kiraly will conduct the first follow-up examination after the eye surgery.
- Your vision will still be slightly opaque and blurred.
- Usually our patients’ visual performance is quite good the next morning without glasses. You will then revisit our clinic for the next follow-up examination.
Please follow these rules to ensure a quick healing process:
- PLEASE STICK TO THE EYEDROPS SCHEDULE BY ALL MEANS.
- Allow yourself some time to rest and avoid any physical exercise after the surgery
- Please do not use any make-up and do not wash your hair during the 2 days following the surgery
- Please avoid rubbing your eyes
- Do not work out in any way in the first couple of days following the surgery
- Do not sauna or do extreme sports until about 4 weeks after the treatment
- You can be back at work 3 to 5 days after the surgery
We will gladly advise you on these precautions