BEFORE THE SURGERY
If you have decided for a laser eye surgery after a quick checkup and a free consultation, we will conduct all the necessary examinations required for your treatment.
As opposed to the iLasik and femtolaser method, the cornea flap is created with a blade (microkeratome) with the standard Lasik method (often also simply called Lasik). No wavefront measurements (iDesign measurements) are conducted and there is no automatic iris recognition under the laser. This method is an obsolete one.
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING CONCERNING YOUR 2ND PRE-EXAMINATION:
- The examination is rather comprehensive and can take up to 2 hours.
- We will also widen your pupils, so please make sure to be picked up by someone as you will not be able to drive yourself.
- Please do not wear contact lenses for two weeks before the examination.
THESE MEASUREMENTS AND EXAMINATIONS WILL BE CONDUCTED:
- Visual acuity and refraction: assessment of your eyes’ visual performance and measurement of the cornea’s refractive power.
- Topography: individual measurement of the cornea. This enables us to detect possible corneal diseases and cicatrisations. The measurements are conducted by means of Pentacam HR.
- Tonometry: intraocular pressure measurement
- Biometry: measurement of the axial length and position of the ocular length through laser measurement methods
- Pupillometry: measurement of the pupil diameter with day light and twilight
- Retina diagnostics: examinations of the cranial nerve and the ocular fundus with the slit lamp. You will be informed comprehensively about the surgery (procedure, risks etc.) and the day after.
THE DAY OF YOUR EYE SURGERY
Please do not wear contact lenses and make-up on the day of your eye surgery.
You will also need someone to accompany you.
- The eye surgery will be performed ambulatory.
- You should schedule about 2 hours for your stay at the laser centre. Our team will gladly assist you at any time during your stay at our clinic. During the surgery, we will inform you about every single step that is being performed so that you constantly know what is happening.
- Once we have answered all of your questions and you have agreed to the treatment in writing, we will prepare you for your eye surgery.
- As hygiene is the top priority in the surgery room, you will receive a surgical cap, gown and shoe cover from us before you enter the room.
- You will then be seated on a comfortable lounger in our preparation room. Your cornea will be sedated by special eyedrops in order to make the entire surgery completely painless.
You can then enjoy a drink or snack and relax until the eyedrops have an effect.
DURING THE SURGERY
The flap is created mechanically with a microkeratome (an oscillating blade sharper than a razor blade). The flap is then folded to the side so that the inner part of the cornea (stroma) can be treated with the excimerlaser. The flap is folded back afterwards.
- You will first lie down on the laser patient couch. Here the flap will be created mechanically with a microkeratome.
- An aseptical bandage will then be put on your right eye and a lid speculum will be utilised to hinder you from blinking. Once you are correctly positioned under the EXCIMER LASER and the flap has been folded back by Dr. Kiraly, the laser treatment to eliminate your ametropia begins. This only takes a couple of seconds. You will focus on a red blinking light (eye tracker) during the laser treatment. Now the flap is folded back to its original position and the same procedure repeated on your left eye.
AFTER THE SURGERY
You will be led into a special room now where you can relax for a while. You can have a drink and a snack there. If your vital functions are all right, you can go home accompanied by someone.
The standard LASIK method is a treatment method that has been applied for 20 years. Wavefront measurements and wavefront-guided laser eye treatment is not included in this method of treatment.
COSTS AND FINANCING
The standard LASIK treatment costs from 795€ per eye.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THE TIME AFTER THE EYE SURGERY
- Dr. Kiraly will conduct the first follow-up examination after the eye surgery.
- Your vision will still be slightly opaque and blurred.
- Usually our patients’ visual performance is quite good the next morning without glasses. You will then revisit our clinic for the next follow-up examination.
Please follow these rules to ensure a quick healing process:
- PLEASE STICK TO THE EYEDROPS SCHEDULE BY ALL MEANS.
- Allow yourself some time to rest and avoid any physical exercise after the surgery
- Please do not use any make-up and do not wash your hair during the 2 days following the surgery
- Please avoid rubbing your eyes
- Do not work out in any way in the first couple of days following the surgery
- Do not sauna or do extreme sports until about 4 weeks after the treatment
- You can be back at work 3 to 5 days after the surgery
We will gladly advise you on these precautions